This, here post, is my 1000 post.
One Thousand? Really? Do I really have that much to say? Have I really said that much? Has it been enjoyable? Meaningful? Worth it? Have I made you smile, even just once? Have I made you see things through my crazy goggles? Have you seen things from a different perspective?
I know I have.
I’ve learned so much from writing things out here, and living the advice I’ve been given. I’m thankful for those of you who still read this random collection of my craziness, and still haven’t banded together to have my committed, just yet. May be in the next 1000.
I have learned a few things… Interesting things:
- I am my own worst enemy. I used to think mentally punishing myself would help me, but I’ve realized (Albeit, recently) that this is not the case. Good and bad days happen.
- I spend entirely too much time “Window Shopping” online
- I will never get published if I don’t continue to put myself out there
- Some of the best friends I will ever have, I have not met in person yet
- I can run races. As long as I finish I’m winning.
- Top 10 lists are annoying when that’s all you post
- “Starting over” posts lose their impact when you do this once a week
- My Husband is without a doubt, my biggest fan. The next two are my dogs.
- I can’t take a self portrait picture that looks good to save my life
- Instagram has taken me over.
- iPhone Photos sometimes really suck.
- Social Networks + Family =/= Awesometimes (all the time)
- I have a love/hate relationship with running
- I’m a food addict
- I NEED TO MOVE TO SEATTLE LIKE YESTERDAY
- I secretly love my job and the fake power I’ve derived from it.
- People who I don’t know who comment on my site fill me with such joy
- Seeing my blog pulled up on a Macbook Air in Tyson’s Corner Mall Apple Store was the third best moment of my life
- Realizing the story I’ve been trying to right has been, here, in this blog, all along – Second best moment of my life
- Being able to use my voice, freely, in this forum as well as Twitter, Facebook, Google+, 20 Something Bloggers, StumbleIt, Tumblr, Posterous, and all of the other mediums, without the persecution from higher authorities is, and will continue to be the best moment, never ceasing, of my life. God Bless Uh-Merica.
thank you for giving me stuff to say
Jason*Blarney*Moody, Mom, Dad, Meag-Sister, Cece-Sister, Brian, Shortski, Turtle, The herd at McCracken’s pub, Jason’s family for sometimes providing interesting scenarios that end up being content on here, and the book (ha ha), Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington, DC, The US Navy, People at work, Night shift, Honda, Weight Watchers, LTE/STE, Tawnya (I swear I’m moving), RAINN, Apple Products, the guy in security who still chuckles at the tampons in my purse, The cashier at Whole Foods who always comments on how much salad I am buying, My office mate for being an jerk in one breath and a saint in the next, The Cast of Grey’s Anatomy, Courtney from the Bachelor, Hyperbole and a Half, The Blogess and all you stand for.
There are more.. Vastly more. But I am only thanking you for being hilarious, evil or frankly topic worthy for the past 1000 posts. When I get published, I plan on including a section of the book completely dedicated to Thank You’s. By name. In varying fonts.