- Woke up at 5:30 and rolled out of bed, into my workout clothes, and then downstairs to the treadmill for 3 miles. I will say I felt really good this morning on the treadmill. I thought my soreness – that had already hit in full force from yesterday – would hurt my running, but in all actuality, it didn’t. I was shocked. It hurts like hell now, but man, I ran a pretty good 3 miles.
- 3 Miles – 30’15″ – 10’15″ pace
- After a cool down and then breakfast prep, I went upstairs, showered and shaved my legs because holy hell it’s too hot for pants. So i am wearing cropped pants. Getting me into a skirt is pretty difficult again. I am not sure why I go in phases, but I just feel like a line backer in football when I wear a skirt. Plus it’s supposed to storm today, and walking across campus in the rain and a dress, blows.
- Class last night was good. I got in a heated discussion over some themes in the book we are reading as a class. I think the problem is that certain people believe we all have to agree, and I don’t think that’s true. If we all had the same opinion it would be boring. Oh well he can get his boxers in a twist. I think it’s funny that I’m in a class with all of these people who are already teachers and they already have classrooms, but they obviously don’t know how to handle someone who doesn’t see things they way they do. Well it’s really just one. THERE IS ALWAYS ONE PERSON I DON’T GET ALONG WITH. It doesn’t hurt that he is kind arrogant. Ugh… 5.5 more weeks.
- I find myself a bit overzealous at the moment. Between running (and pretending to train for races I have this year) lifting, dieting, school, work, and the attempt to find a job once I leave the one I am currently at, I think I might be biting off too much. We’ll see. I think that the more I can get done this year – whilst still employed – the better. Plus if my new plan works out – the new plan fed to me by my Professor last night – i will only have three classes to take next year TOTAL to finish up my masters. Which means internship in the spring, 1 class over the summer, and then the capstone in the fall – THEN I GRADUATE. Is it bad that I am like “But then what? PhD? I don’t want to not be a student. I want to keep going. I WANT MORE.” Then the Husband is like “Um. No. Because Money.”
- Hopefully the act of teaching high schoolers will be enough of a learning experience for me.
- Post Workout: Protein Smoothie
- Breakfast: Bagel Thin w/ Cream Cheese & Coffee
- Snack: Banana
- Lunch: Spaghetti Squash w/ Hot dog and Pasta Sauce, yogurt, Carrots
- Snack: Apple & Quest Nutrition Protein Bar
- Dinner: Fish Tacos
- Evening Snack: Protein Powder & Water
- Workout: Run 3 Miles
I’ll be announcing my Giveaway later this week!