- I have fallen in love with my breakfast. 1/2 a baked sweet potato with 2 runny eggs on top. It’s delish. I would have taken a picture, but I never leave time for that when they are done as they seem to apparate into my belly very quickly.
- I tried a new protein powder this morning in my smoothie – 1 banana, 1 cup of frozen strawberries and almond milk with Optimal Nutrition Chocolate Flavored Whey. I was told by some of the women on the NROLFW board on facebook that it was good and they all liked it, so I gave it a go. Trutein and I have been friends, but I am kind of over their flavors, and their price. I have a bit of stomach discomfort – which usually happens when I try a new protein powder, but it’s ok. At least as long as it goes away after a few uses.
- I’m double tracking on two calorie sites because I need the extra motivation. I know that food/tracking is my downfall. I have the workouts down. I love to sweat and feel better when I do, so I tend to exercise as much as possible (about 6 days a week now). This past week looked like:
- Friday May 3 – NROLFW Stg 2 A3 & 2 Mile Run – 533 Calories
- Saturday May 4 – 4 Mile Run – 592 Calories
- Sunday May 5 – 3 Mile Run – 477 Calories
- Monday May 6 – NROLFW Stg 2 B3 & 2 Miles of HIIT running – 431 Calories
- Tuesday May 7 – 35 Minutes Running – 479 Calories
- Wednesday May 8 – NROLFW Stg 2 A4 & 30 Minutes of HIIT Running & 1 mile incline walk – 552 Calories
- Thursday May 9 – REST DAY
- So in all I burned: 3064 Calories. I most likely ate that much extra and more this week, but I am not weighing myself, so I won’t see that cursed number. I know I’m pretty much maintaining my size right now, because nothing feels looser – in fact some clothes feel tighter. But I am also sure I am bloated. I still feel sick from my sugar binge yesterday.
- Oh yeah I binged. Wanna hear what I binged on?
- 2 Homemade Chocolate Chip cookes
- 2 fun size snickers bars
- 3 fun size 3 Musketeers bars
- 1 Apple Cinnamon Nutrigrain bar
- 1 bag of M&Ms
- I ate all of these in one sitting in a bathroom at work, while I cried. Bipolar Disorder sucks y’all. If you don’t have it you don’t understand. That was self medicating so I didn’t go ape shit crazy and do something really dumb – like drive to Tampa because I miss my husband (the thought crossed my mind more than once this week). But I called my “Bi-Polar Buddy” (a free counselor I found through an online network that I call when things get bad) and he talked me through it. We both agreed that I need to go back to my doctor. So I am making an appointment for next week. We also agreed that I need more positive people in my life. So anyone want to move in with me and be my bright ray of sunshine? Seriously. You can’t have any problems that you expect me to deal with, because I can’t deal with my own.
- The binge continued with toast and peanut butter last night, but as I went to bed, feeling particularly gross and stuffed, I realized I didn’t want to do this anymore. I am not ‘starting over’ I am simply moving on. Clean eating and water like it’s my job from now on. I don’t even want cheese. I just want ice on a stick.
- The Husband Comes Home Tomorrow! I have laundry and some light cleaning to do that I will get to tomorrow after my Praxis II exam, and then hopefully have enough time to just relax before Dinner with a Friend. I am planning on waking up at 5:30 tomorrow and getting my workout done, so I can work from home in the morning and then head to my exam without having anything else on my mind. Plus the workout is just NROLFW and HIIT so I should finish it in like 40 minutes.
What workout are you doing today? Or is it a rest day?
Sweet or Salty Snacks?
Are you happy it’s almost Friday?
Food For Thought Thursday: