- The race is fast approaching. I remember this week last year, and how nerves and scared feelings and how I am also the same weight (give or take a few pounds) that I was then. I am trying to see that nothing from the past matters, and I need to keep looking towards the future, and not continue to say “Next week will be better,” because even though it will, it can be better today. I am taking immense solace in this verse today. I know I don’t bring religion on this blog often, if at all, but this morning I needed my umph. This is where I get that from.
- Motivation, finding it and keeping it is hard. The only reason I keep running so much is because I keep signing up for races, so in order to not collapse during said races I need to keep my endurance up. So why is my weight loss effort any different? If I miss a run it’s not the end of the world (though I may act like it is at the time) but if I have a bad meal, I am suddenly spiraling down into the abyss that is bad eating and I just keep going. And going. And going. I am the energizer bunny of eating. Ice cream 1/2 gallon containers fear me. Bags of Chips hide from me. Peanut Butter is still in therapy after the great jar epidemic of November ( I sat down and ate – literally- and entire small jar of peanut butter with a spoon). The amazing thing is, I am not that far away from my lowest weight. I haven’t fallen so far off the wagon that really old bad habits of mine have taken hold again. I don’t go to Fast Food Places, and I know donuts are bad and I don’t buy cupcakes, and even I can realize when I’ve indulged too much. But there is still that element after dinner, when I ask myself if I can go one night without snacking – constantly – the answer always ends up being no.
- So I post pinterest images of workouts and motivational sayings hoping that at least may be a reader will contract some motivation from them. I look at them and find motivation in the moment, and then like turning a page, it’s gone. Last year it was the Dominican Republic that I thought would be enough motivation. Nope. This year I am going to the beach with the Husband at the end of June. I am trying to force the issue with myself, but for whatever reason I find excuses. Too many excuses. This isn’t a pity party, because frankly I know what I am doing wrong – it’s food. It’s too much, it’s too often, and I am not being honest with myself or my tracker.
- Breakfast: English Muffin, PB, Smoothie, Coffee
- Snack: Water
- Lunch: Spinach Salad, Baby Carrots w/ hummus, yogurt, apple
- Snack: Banana
- Dinner: Turkey Tacos (Over spinach for me, in corn tortilla’s for the husband)
- The above thigh workout
- 3.1 Miles
67 Ways to Lose Weight – via Pinterest – what would you add to this list? What have you tried?
- So I am still reeling from finishing The Fault In Our Stars, I had a dream that they made it into a movie and Emma Watson played Hazel (the narrator). I woke up at 3:45 am and was crying. Yeah I need a new book (Looking for Alaska has shipped!). All this time I should be reading for school but it’s Spring Break so NOPE!