Total Lost: -6.2
Amount to Lose: 20.2 Pounds
Emotion: Expect Amazing
- That was most unexpected. I was actually 100% sure I gained this week. Even though my workouts and eating have been on point (with the exception of Sunday night with Pizza and Cake – just too much of it) I’ve felt very heavy and weighed down all week. Like I couldn’t shed water weight and like everything I ate was just sticking to me. My water in take has been a lot lower, which I know is part of it, and I haven’t been sleeping well. So it’s really just jumping back on that bandwagon of being mindful of what I am eating (portions people), drinking my water, sweating out the stress, and getting to sleep at a reasonable hour. Regardless I am happy the scale is moving in the right direction. Little losses have brought me to over 6 pounds gone.
- That’s my outfit of the day folks. My pink shoes are from The Husband for Valentines day. They are Banana Republic and they are Amazing.
- I bought him some pretty cool things as well..
- It’s a Virginia Tech Art work of various places on and around campus spelling out “Virginia Tech”. He seemed really moved by it. (available on Amazon)
- He’s been saying he wants to start cooking more dinners (He used to do this and then I took over) so I bought him a cookbook of dishes from the restaurants on campus and off campus that he used to frequent so may be that would bring him some inspiration. (Available on Amazon)
- He also had two dozen pink and red roses sent to my work which was a nice surprise… (Not pictured because I work in a secure environment).
- What’s on the Plan for today?
- Breakfast: Urban Detox Alternative Energy Juice (Trying to supplement my coffee with this for help), Coffee, Smoothie with protein, English Muffin w/ PB
- Snack: Banana
- Lunch: Spinach Salad with Veggies and Walnuts, Sesame Ginger Dressing, Chobani Bite, Apple
- Snack: Diet Pepsi (I know it’s bad.. sue me.)
- Dinner: Most likely Mexican or Pizza – it’s the one night this week we are eating out, so I have to choose wisely. Shoot I may make him drive me to Arlington for Chop’t.
- Activity: 8 MILES
So the 8 mile run… someone give me the confidence and take my anxiety away from running outside. I know I could run with others, but that takes planning, and since I have to get this mileage done today, I won’t be able to logistically plan that. I will most likely default to the treadmill, which isn’t horrible, and frankly, every run becomes a tempo run (no matter what distance) and it has helped improve my speed at races, but I just can’t help but feel like I am becoming so terrified of the outside.
It doesn’t matter if I run with pepper spray, my taser, a knife, etc. I just feel like I am always being followed. I know this is a paranoia. I know it is. But after being knocked down by those YOUTHS last year attempting to do only God knows, (hopefully just stealing my phone) I am scared to death to run alone. I keep talking about the prospect of getting a larger dog who likes to run to go with me, but The Husband doesn’t want another dog. Blarney can’t go those distances, and Moody.. well, how do you think he would do?
I know I need to just get out there and do it, like a band aid, just quick, but it’s just my anxiety building up. May be today I’ll go for the treadmill and Sunday’s 3.1 Mile run can be my outside run. Start small and work my way back up.
Today’s run will be followed by some arm exercises. I haven’t strength trained all week, and I miss it. I want muscles!!
No better way to start of the weekend with almost a 2 hour workout, huh?