5 Positives for 11/26/2012
- Even though it is Monday, this week couldn’t have started with more excitement even if it tried! Between running an awesome 10 miler on Friday, then finding out I was accepted to Grad school, and then an awesome High School Reunion on Saturday night I am still running on fumes of cloud nine
- It’s cyber monday and the sales are amazing! I am trying not to buy everything and anything I want
- My house feels like Christmas with the new Yankee Candles we bough in peppermint and red velvet cake.
- It’s getting cold enough to warrant fires in the fire place and this makes me realllllly happy, since last year it wasn’t remotely cold enough
- Although I am coming off a gain from last week, I am confident that I am doing the right things from this point on and will get back on track.
It was awesome. We had family and friends and lots of food. We drank ate and talked. It was relaxing and stressful, busy but calm. I think it is one of the best we’ve had so far. I am looking forward to next year too.
10 Miler on Friday
After sleeping in I got dressed and headed out of the house for 10 miles. I wasn’t expecting it to be a good run, and since it would be the longest distance I had covered since the half marathon in March, I was preparing myself to be really upset towards the latter half of the mileage. I was really wrong about myself though. Yes I grumbled through the first 5 miles. I was tired, sore, and hungry. But I pushed through. I cam up on 9 miles fast than I thought and just kept repeating to myself, 1 more mile. I do this during races too. Just 1 more mile and you’ll be done. It’s not that I hate running, not in the slightest, it’s just I still need to work on my mental negativity, and this notion of 1 more mile works. If I have a countdown I notice I feel more at ease. So during the run, if I see that I am at mile 6 of a 10 miler I just say to myself “You are more than half done! Go You!” I finished the run faster than I think I have ever done a 10 miler in.
Friday afternoon while lounging on the couch with ice on my legs and Lifetime on my TV, the mailman came and dropped off a package. Of course this meant that he put letters in the mailbox, so I hopped on down the driveway to retrieve them. I opened the mail box to reveal a large white envelope from George Mason University. I immediately started shaking. I ran inside yelling for TPWSNBN to come and open the letter. After struggling with the needlessly strong adhesive, (Seriously guys? As if I haven’t waited long enough) he got the letter opened, read the first line and turned to me smiling. I immediately cried for like 10 minutes on his shoulder like someone had just shot a unicorn in front of me. You would think that I DIDN’T get in, with how I was acting.
High School Reunion
Saturday night, Lisa, TPWSNBN and I ventured to Hunan One in Arlington for cheap beer, and blasts from the past. I of course took no pictures, but I am sure there will be some up on Facebook soon. It was amazing to see everyone, including people I never spoke to in high school and have them being extremely nice to me. I guess we all grew up. I am also happy to report that even though I had a few too many to drink, I didn’t embarrass myself in the slightest. Well that I can remember.
Skinny Snowman Challenge
I am participating in the skinny snowman challenge for the next month. There is no way in hell I will win this thing, but I am hoping to lose weight and gain a healthier perspective in the process. It started yesterday and so far so good!
Plan of the Day
- Stick to my already logged food plan
- 100 oz of water
- 3.1 – 4 Miles after work – It’s the week of the half marathon, so I am thinking less is more at this point.
Off to fill up my water bottle!