I went to bed last night at about 9:00 – 9:30 and while Jason was a bit like “Huh?” I was like “TOO BAD. I’M GOING TO BED. YES I’M OLD.”
I woke up this morning thinking, that was a smart choice. YAY ME. The alarm went off and even though I wanted to go back to sleep I got up anyways. Moody Monster had been afoot (a nice way to say he was eventually going to pee in our room) for a bit around 5:00 am so I picked him and put him on the bed, where he promptly curled up next to me and fell asleep.
I got up at 6:00 am and took them down stairs to begin my morning ritual of feeding them and preparing breakfast to go to work. Jason meandered downstairs half asleep and said something that I couldn’t understand. I went upstairs, showered, got dressed and then loaded everything into my car just in time to say goodbye to Jason as he was walking up stairs to shower.
Made it to work in about 25 minutes (WAHOO) and then I sat down and have been slammed ever since.
I’m drinking my coffee without sweetener now. Just a little bit of milk. Wow. But it’s so good. I think the fact that I have been drinking beer has extended my palette. Now when I have something way sweet, I almost gag at it. Which sucks, because cake.
There are some new people working in my office and sometimes I feel like I should give them a handout on how not to act in the office (there are a lot of fresh from college people) So here is my list of things that annoy me personally
Work Pet Peeves
- People who come by looking for my office mate who is constantly needed by everyone and just stand in the door way and look blankly at me in the office. No, I am not hiding him.
- People who strike up a conversation as you are walking into the bathroom
- People who have conversations with you in the bathroom
- People who, while on conference calls, with their speaker phone, leave their door wide open so that everyone anywhere can hear
- People who complain about the temperature in their office, constantly
- People who eat fish for lunch
- People who act like the kitchen at work is their own kitchen and therefor leave their crap lying around
- Food pushers
- People who walk into my office while I am working and sit down trying to talk to me about something meaningless
- People who walk into my office while I am working and sit down
- People who email me for something and then walk over to tell me about the email they just sent
- People who constantly state that they came in early or had to work late, or work on the weekends, or are so overwhelmed – and they do this constantly. Get over yourself, no one cares, you are replaceable.
WHEW that feels better.