- This weekend was kind of awesome. Saturday I slept in till like 10:30. I did my 8 mile run on Friday after work so I didn’t have to get up early on Saturday. This might be my new norm of long runs Friday afternoon. They set a great tone for the weekend and then Saturday there is no trying to fit it in. I can sleep in or wake up early and go about my business. It’s like having an actual weekend.
- Saturday The Husband and I also ventured to Fairfax for lunch with Lisa who JUST ACCEPTED A TEACHING POSITION IN SWEDEN! My girl is moving to Stockholm in JULY!
- We’ve been friends since like 6th grade, and we have been through SO MUCH together. It’s kind of scary how much we know about each other, but at the same time, she will be one of those people who I can always just pick up where I left off with. I would drop anything I was doing to help her in anyway and I know she would do the same for me. Plus she has a crazy awesome life. At the drop of a hat she will buy tickets to London, or this weekend she is going to Florida for a concert! I feel so old and homey because she has so much life and wanderlust. But that’s why we click. Love her dearly, and will miss her soooo much.
- I just finished uploading the group project to youtube. THANK YOU HUSBAND FOR FIXING EVERYTHING. My whole group was relying on my tech knowledge, but as we all know it’s not that vast. I was really hoping it was as easy as google made it seem. Care to look at the Purpose of Schooling? Go here! (It’s okay.. Given more time we could have re-recorded with better sound, better clips, etc. But my teacher isn’t very tech savvy, so I am sure this going to be JUST fine.)
- Today’s workout is a 40 minute interval run of 4 minutes running/1 minute walking. I am comfortable at this pacing. I will never be a runner who can run 10 miles without a break, and I am cool with that.
- I had a pretty decadent weekend, so I am looking forward to cleansing out my system with lots of water, fruit, veggies, and lean protein this week. I am finding that I just feel better when I limit carbs to one meal, since I tend to gravitate towards oatmeal, english muffins, etc for Breakfast, I decided to keep that as my carb meal, and use Lunch and Dinner to fuel up on protein and veggies. It’s like not being on a diet, just moving types of foods around.
Wanna HUGE GIVEAWAY? Go to Wine to Weightlifting for her 1 year Blogaversary! GIVEAWAYS GALORE!
Weekly Dinner Menu:
- Monday – Wegmans Eating (Salad Bar?)
- Tuesday: Seasoned Meatballs and Smashed Chickpea Salad
- Wednesday: Carmalized Onion Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- Thursday: Waldorf Salad
- Friday: Dinner out at Malones
- Saturday: Homemade Pizza
- Sunday: London Broil with Roasted Tomato and Garlic Potatoes
- Monday: 40 Minute interval run / Core work
- Tuesday: 2 mile run / Arms
- Wednesday: 40 minute interval run / Leg Work
- Thursday: Off – Surgery
- Friday: If I feel up to it – 9 Miles
- Saturday: Rest or 9 miles (depends on Friday)
- Sunday: If I workout on Saturday then Rest, if I took Saturday off – Easy 3 Miles