Total Lost: -4.2
Amount to Lose: 22.2 Pounds
Emotion: Expect Amazing
- Breakfast: Protein Smoothie, English Muffin w/ PB, Coffee
- Snack: Banana
- Lunch: Salad with turkey meat balls, Chobani Bites Yogurt, Apple
- Snack: WATER
- Dinner: Homemade Pizza and side salad
- Activity: 7 Miles – eep (3.1 of those miles will be my Track the Miles 5k Virtual Race! Holla!)
- Here’s what I look like today:
- Not too shabby as someone who got like 4 hours of sleep, and has a massive headache (The kind that sits in your temples and behind your eyes).
- If you watch “New Girl” then you were equally as surprised and happy and more in love with both of these characters as I was on Tuesday Night, when the following happened.
- I love her, obviously, I tried to pull off bangs, but no one does it like she does it. And Nick… whoa. He is hilarious and last episode we saw this unhinged version of him in this romantic state of seriousness. That kiss is the kiss that I think all women want to experience. The shock and the amazement. The spontaneous, and the end which leaves you with so many questions, but no words, and the slight smell of him (or her, let’s be real) lingering in a bubble around you. I desperately wanted her to follow him, because that is what happens right? They kiss and then they obviously hook up, but she didn’t. Her boyfriend (SCANDAL) was in the next room, and Nick turned, walked away and closed his door. I hope this (I know this won’t) isn’t the last time we see the connection between them. In any form, I think all kisses should be like this. (Take note TPWSNBN. I expect to be taken by surprise every time you kiss me )
- Too bad that means TPWSNBN will like hide in my closet in the wee hours of the morning and end up scaring the crap out of me, or making me pee my pants, as he is trying to be spontaneous.
- So I am planning and researching my various projects due in the next month:
- Multi-Genre Project Research ‘Paper’ – Basically pick something in English, a theme or author, and do research and then instead of writing a 10 page paper, with citations and formal thesis, compile what you learned into 5 genre’s – Poetry, Plays, Newspaper Articles, Pictures, music, etc. – and that is your ‘research paper’. I chose Jack Kerouac. I think I am going to do a scene of a conversation between him and Ginsberg at the bar in San Francisco where they used to hang out, a prose poem expressing my feelings and reactions to “On The Road”, an Obituary of Jack Kerouac from the eyes of someone who ‘should have’ known him, Journal Entries that may be he would have written, and my own version of a Beat poem. I plan to include tons of pictures, quotes from Jack, Ginsberg, and Burroughs (I WISH THERE WAS A RELATION) through out. It doesn’t hurt that I have a picture of myself in front of the City Lights Bookstore
- The Purpose of Schooling : My group has developed 5 sub topics on the purpose of schooling. My sub topic is US Schools vs. Japanese schools and the Pro’s and Con’s of the different approaches. The US School System gives a rounded view of topics including art and music along with the core subjects, where as the emphasis on the Japanese school system is science, technology, etc. The focus in America in public schools is more laid back in terms of where they are forcing children to excel, where as in Japan their culture is built around and on being bigger and better at technology, which is where the money is – so in short, The US School system focuses more on sustaining their current culture in the public schools, not really pushing the students in the direction of where the current trends are, and the Japanese school system focuses on developing their culture and striving to be on the cutting edge of technology and science. But what are the draw backs of each?
- Along with reading responses and reflection papers, field work, Lesson Plan, and a Philosophy of teaching paper as well as whatever else I am forgetting, Grad School has dropped me on the ground and I am running. I have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time, so goodbye social life! It’s cool. I’ll be back around May 9. Then I have like 4 weeks off till Summer session. But that’s fine. That is only June – July and then I have almost all of August to prepare for Fall Semester. Does it seem like time is going fast? I guess when you have deadlines and a lot of work to do in a short amount of time it seems really impossible to get done, which makes you feel like you have no time, which makes your heart race, and man. I could use one of those xanax now. Who’s packing?
- You have to go to GMU to understand. GO PATRIOTS!