Total Lost: -2.0
Amount to Lose: 24.4 Pounds
Emotion: Not allowing myself to be pissed
- I honestly didn’t think I would gain this week. I got in 5 really good days of working out, but I knew my eating wasn’t as good and clean as it could be. I think it also has to do with the fact that this past week I did 4 days of strength workouts. I also upped the weight on my dumb bells. May be I am just trying to justify the gain – or may be that is what you think – but I honestly don’t understand how else I didn’t lose. But in other news with the past week – I UPPED MY WEIGHT ON MY DUMB BELLS! I know. I’ve been doing all the arm and back exercises with a heavy weight set and that has like never happened. I know, it’s only like 15 pound dumb bells, but since this girl never strength trained before, this is a big thing.
- I don’t want to be a Victoria Secret model.
- I’d rather be a CrossFit Girl.
- I realized this last night when I was lifting. I was looking at my arms and the slight hint of tone that they had when flexed into a move and I got excited. I don’t want to go crazy and have a six pack or anything, I’m not trying to be uber muscley, BUT – I wouldn’t be mad if it happened. I love running and I love lifting. I didn’t think I would or could love both. I thought you had to be a cardio queen or a lifting lady. But somehow I have sparked a compromise between the two. The squats and the lunges I know are improving the strength in my legs which will help prevent injury while running, and my upper body DEF. needs work. My core is my only nemesis.
- Core = Nemesis – other than crunches, without machines available, what can I do? (HELP ME HERE).
- I am going to do my long run today of 6.2 Miles – I just don’t think I will have time tomorrow to accomplish this in the morning, and once noon hits I am useless. PLUS nothing motivates me more than a nice long punishment run. :-) I am going to do something different than I have been doing (which is for those of you playing along at home Run 3 minutes at 6.5 mph and walk 30 seconds at 4.0 mph). Today I am going to follow Jenny Hadfield’s plan for the run/walk marathon training – since I am signing up for the Marine Corps Marathon that is happening this October – yes because I am insane. There is no Half Marathon portion, so it’s do or do. There is no don’t here.
- So in Jenny’s Plan it’s run 4 minutes walk 2 minutes. Repeat continuously until you hit your mileage mark. This will slow my current pace of being under 10’00″ a mile, but that’s okay. It’s training. I need to train differently now because I am doing a different distance. I am hoping this will also get me ready for the Half Marathon in March, and the other one at the beginning of October -Yes I am doing a half and a full marathon in the same month. If I have to run 13.1 miles for training I might as well get a medal for it.
- On a completely different note… I love Taylor Swift’s song “Enchanted”. I don’t care if that makes me a 14 year old fan girl who is dying of acne in the nose bleeds of her concert, saying to my mother “It’s like she gets me!” I think if her and I were friends, I could get her to stop dating guys younger than her. There will be time for that later love, you will be 45 and want a 25 year old and then it will be more accepted than you signing your boyfriend out of high school for a long weekend. *cringe* I love her, but that was like whoa.
- I miss writing outside of this blog. I just never feel like I have the time. But I need to make it. I also don’t consider myself a writer so much anymore. The past two ideas I had (granted they fell in the Teen Paranormal Romance Section of Barnes and Noble, and were complete sell outs) are coming out as movies. If you want to laugh at me the ideas were pretty much the same premise of “Warm Bodies” a movie about zombie and human love basically. (Love heals them.. I thought I was so original), and “Beautiful Creatures” – witch craft and love – get this the girl at 16 gets to be owned by good or bad magic. It also has Jeremy Irons, who is my old man crush. *sigh*.