So here it is – New Years Day. A day for resolutions, change, hope. I am not without these same ideas, and while sometimes I think we put more steak in the New Year to change our lives, as opposed to just changing merely when we realize a change is needed, I am falling in line this year because, I have no more options.
- Stick to Honestly Tracking my Food/Drink intake on Lose It and MyFitnessPal. The only way I am going to be able to make healthier choices is if I log my food. My food intake and my ideas of it, are still to this day a bit off. I am hoping with my constant diligence and effort into tracking honestly I’ll be able to make better choices, and in turn see a difference in my body, and my weight.
- Continue running consistently and Strength Training. I ran a race yesterday (12/31/12) and I gained a personal record. It was a 5k and I ran it in 30’52″. I’ve never, even on a treadmill, even while sprinting, been able to do a 5k in less than 31 minutes. So to not only shave off like 1.5 minutes from my PR but to hit a goal I never thought I would, was a real treat. I know it;s a combination of the fact I am introducing speed work and body weight training into my regime. It’s all working together to kick my butt into shape. I’d like to continue with this throughout the year.
- Prioritize Better. With school starting in 21 days, me going back to work the day after tomorrow (WHINE), and the various other things that can happen in ones life (Races, friends, desperately trying to maintain sanity) I need to have a plan going forward on how to make sure that when the candle is getting burned at both ends, I will have a way to make sure I get get the things that are most important done. School being my number one priority at this point will always trump runs, social activities, and sleep But in all seriousness, I need to instill the practice now that I will end up missing out on things. It will just happen.
- Try To See The Brighter Side. If you know me at all, or have read this blog for an amount of time, you’ll know I am not very positive about certain things – if not all things. I am trying to change that for the new year as well. I have so much to be thankful for. I am so blessed in my life, but I still at times act as though nothing brings me joy. I blame this on the depression and the other imbalances, but I am going to try to work on this. Put a real effort in.
- Take Better Care Of Myself. I need to get more sleep, stress less, and drink more water. I need to stop drinking Long Island Ice Teas, staying up too late, and stressing over stuff I can’t control.
What are your New Years Resolutions/Plans/Goals?