I did it! I woke up and dragged myself out of bed for 3.11 miles of forcing every single step. It was like a fight, but I won. Obviously this run was hard and annoying, but so are all things worth fighting for right?
It’s like the early run gave me a sense of positive clarity.
PLAN OF THE DAY
- Breakfast: Smoothie, coffee w/ cream, English muffin with PB2
- Snack: Grapes
- Lunch: Amy’s Soft Taco Fiesta, Yogurt, carrots
- Snack: Kashi Go Lean Protein Bar
- Dinner: Tacos!
Run 3.1 Miles – DONE! & Live Fit Back and Biceps & Legs (3 sets 10 Reps)
- Hammer Strength Lateral Pull Down
- Wide Grip Lateral Pull down
- Seated Narrow Grip Cable Rows
- T-Bar Row
- Back Extensions
- Barbell Curl
- Incline Dumbbell Curl
- Alternate Hammer Curl
- Leg Extensions
- Wide Stance Barbell Squat
- Walking Barbell Lunge
- Single Leg Barbell Deadlift
- Lying Leg Curls
- Seated Calf Raise
- Standing Calf Raise
I know what you are thinking…
- You’re going to work out TWICE in one day??
- How the heck are you going to do some of those moves without equipment/gym membership??
- Yes I am going to workout twice in one day. I wanted the cardio this morning because 9 times out of 10, when I get home I don’t want to run like a crazy person. I end up running inside because it’s too hot and then I hate my workout. So I ran this morning to get the cardio aspect done, and I will lift tonight to follow with the Live Fit plan, so I get tone and build more muscle to help my run a long.
- I have no freaking clue. I will be able to modify the movements with resistance bands, and while I know I would get a killer workout with equipment, I’m okay with doing what I’m doing. At least it’s something right? I mean there are many people who believe you don’t need a gym membership to get fit, you just need your body weight. Those people have extra money and are just as fit as people who go to the gym.
Frankly I’d rather go to England with spending money this fall then be in a gym. That being said, I think once I get back from England, pretty much before Spring Semester stars in January, I would like to rejoin Freedom Center Gym in Manassas. Only because they have EVERYTHING. An indoor pool with 50 m lanes, an indoor elevated track, cardio room, weight room, spin room, yoga classes, step classes, CrossFit, etc. We used to belong there before we were married, and it was awesome. I just need to be able to swallow the cost. That won’t be till next year, and most likely not till after the marathon, I think by January I’ll be in Running Mode only, so adding anything else other than Yoga would be a waste.
So the storm clean up is still in effect. My parents finally got power back – they are on well water, so when the power goes out so does their water supply – but my friend Lisa is still without power :-( As are many people. I hope it gets resolved soon.
I need some new running clothes or a better detergent. My clothes be smelly even when clean. Yep. I’m gross. Any ideas how to get the stank out?