I had a fantastic weekend. It could have only been better if it had been longer. Seriously. Friday night was a great night with Lisa, and it was a great way to cap off the week. Saturday was kind of lazy in a sense we had no real plans, it was rainy all day, and that was fine, so we pretty much just hung around and did random errands and chores. Sunday was the race, and then helping Kim move. We had fun seeing our friends in their new apartment and the race of course was a blast!
Then Yesterday happened.
I’m not going into specifics, because it’s work related, but after speaking with higher ups at my company, it’s been reinforced, that they don’t want to lose me as an employee, but the dynamic of the situation I am in has to change. I don’t know what that means, I don’t know how this is going to affect me yet, because there has not been a clear path at this juncture. I’m just waiting it out now.
I’m thankful that the people in my company gave me the benefit of the doubt instead of automatically assuming based on the information received that I was “flying off the handle” or being “too emotional”. I am also thankful that they realize not ever situation, argument, work issue is the same, and therefore can’t be handled with a cookie cutter response.
Regardless of the outcome, I have the utmost respect for the members of my company.
I had a headache all day yesterday and last night, which as a result has pooled into this morning as well. I didn’t fall asleep before 1:00am. I know part of this is my body getting used to the medication, which can take a few weeks. I just hope this (headaches and trouble sleeping) won’t be a constant issue, because otherwise, it really seems to be helping take the edge off.
I feel like any moment I am going to turn to Vajazzeling to keep my spirits up.
PLAN OF THE WEEK!
- Monday: Baked Ziti with Four Cheese Tomato Sauce and Gorgonzola (It was fabulous)
- Tuesday: Roast Beef Sandwiches (French Dip style, sans dip), Side Salad
- Wednesday: Kielbasa, Peppers and Onions with Rice
- Thursday: Chicken Waldorf Salad
- Friday: Faccia Luna with Lisa
- Saturday: TBD
- Sunday: Steaks on the grill with Roasted Veggies
- Monday: Turkey Sandwich with a yogurt, side of pineapple, and almonds
- Tuesday: Baby Bell Peppers, Celery with LF ranch, yogurt, Kashi Go Lean (1/4 cup) Fiber one Brownie
- Wednesday: Baked Sweet Potato, yogurt, Apple Slices with PB2
- Thursday: Turkey Sandwich with hummus and spinach, yogurt, pineapple, almonds
- Friday: CHIPOTDAY
- Saturday: TBD
- Sunday: Whatever is in the refrigerator
- Monday: NROLFW Stage 2 A2 & 1 mile walking & 1 minute Plank
- Tuesday: 4 Miles running & Stretching & 1 minute Plank
- Wednesday: NROLFW Stage 2 B2 & HIIT (2 miles) & 1 minute Plank
- Thursday: 4 Miles running & Stretching & 1 Minute Plank
- Friday: Incline walking 3 Miles (45 minutes) & 1 minute Plank
- Saturday: 6 miles & 1 Minute Plank
- Sunday: Incline Walking or Rest – Depends how I feel that Day
So the swim suit I bought from J.CREW on sale came in the mail yesterday. After my workout and shower, I tried it on.
Cute, modest, love the color. Well, don’t get too attached. It was too big.
Yay? Kind of. I shouldn’t have ordered it till July really. So that’s the plan I’ll order a couple of suits in July and try them on and the ones that don’t look right/fit, I’ll send back. No harm no foul.
I subscribe to like every single “Writers Digest” blog out there. Constantly reading about new literary agents, new authors, new self publishing, etc. I came across a posting today about an agent looking basically for a story I have not only written, but I have edited, and perfected (to the best of my ability) and it’s just sitting in my google docs folder. So why have I not jumped for joy and submitted it?
THE QUERY LETTER
I can’t write one of these things to save my life. I’ve tried. It’s the same with cover letters. I can’t summarize myself or my writing in a “Grab You” kind of way in a short letter. I also have no accomplishments with writing or the like so I have nothing to add in that respect. Also, no one has ever heard of me. I can’t be like “BeBe has a platform on her blog of an average of 2000 hits a month!” No offense to my audience, but I doubt any agent or publisher is gonna care about my Bob Harpers Kettle Bell Workout DVD review (Which by the way is one of my most popular posts! THANKS BOB!)
Granted when I started this blog back in March of 2009 I only had 32 views that month. So from 32 to over 2000 I consider an accomplishment, but publishers, agents, editors need a bit more convincing.
So, I am turning to you all. My talented, wonderful, poetic, beautiful readers to help me out, once again. I will give you the summary of my story, and any other information you need if you have experience writing a letter like this. I am at my wits end really. I have these stories that deserve a fair shot, but my query letters just don’t do them justice.
So if you can help me out – that would be fantastical – and of course if published you will totally be in the acknowledgments for your stellar Query Skillz.
Shoot me an email email@example.com or leave a note in the comments section.