I have a good core group of friends online, that I have amassed through the years of being on and off plan with Weight Watchers. They are my friends regardless of most of us never meeting. We are scattered across the country, and the globe (Hi Britt!). I’ve been lucky enough to have met a few in person, and even luckier to have their support and motivation in all of my endeavors.
When I finished the half marathon and checked my phone they were all posting about how I had just finished and they were all congratulating me on facebook, twitter, etc. It’s like having this extended family almost 24 hours a day (yay time zones!). They have taught me a lot through the years and I thought I would share some of the things I’ve learned that have stuck with me. I of course can’t remember who in particular stated each of these, as when I think of these women I think of them as a set. No one person means more to me than the other. They are all priceless in my mind.
Enough of the emotional I love everyone crap.
The Diet and Life Laws
- If you had time to eat it, you have time to track it.
- Feeling guilty about eating a certain food is not healthy. You can eat what you want, just not all you want.
- Your diet is a bank account. If you take too much out at one meal, eat less at the next one.
- You need
restrecovery days. Even if they aren’t scheduled. You can’t let yourself feel guilty for those.
- We all take turns driving the struggle bus.
- We believe in cleanses. Cleanses being: Clean eating, lots of water, exercise, and going to the bathroom.
- Pizza is sometimes the answer
- So is wine.
- Baking can be therapeutic
- Slow and Steady is a rule for everything. Weight Loss, eating in general, and recovery from injury
- Running is not for everyone. This goes for all exercise, if you hate it, you won’t do it. So don’t.
- Bowling is a lot of fun.
- What works for me might not work for you, and vice versa.
- DRINK YOUR WATER.
- Office candy dishes, jars, bake offs, pot lucks, and birthday parties will happen – but everyone sneezed all over the food, so don’t eat it.
- If you have to ask if something is a bad idea to public message board, it most likely is a bad idea.
- The Warrior Dash is for the Tuff Ladies (I need not apply.)
- Take it one day, one meal, one moment at a time.
- Babies, especially in our group, are always the center of conversation (Human and Animal alike)
- Recipe March Madness is my favorite time of year.
There are more, and I am sure I will remember them the minute I post this, because it’s another Law of BeBe, but I have one last overly emotional thing to post…
When you celebrate we all celebrate. When you mourn, we all mourn. I would have not lost the last 43 pounds without you ladies. There is no way it could have happened. I would not be where I am, in my life, without your strength when I was weak, and your motivation when I didn’t have any.
Thank You. ♥