Ever since a coworker told me about these turkey meatloaf things she makes for her lunches, I have been obsessed with trying new variations on them.
- They are easy to make
- They taste amazing
- They are chock full of protein and good stuff
- You can modify them to be any kind of meal (mexican, greek, etc.)
For the Spinach and Feta Version (Serving 2 people)
- 1/2 pound ground lean turkey (I used 93/7)
- 1/4 cup of Quick Oats (plain dry oatmeal)
- 1/2 shredded spinach (as coarse or fine as you prefer)
- 1 oz of Feta Cheese (I used Low Fat)
- 1 tsp of Onion Powder (I didn’t have an onion on hand.. which I’ll admit.. is odd)
Preheat the Oven to 350 Degrees.
Mix the above ingredients together (it works best to use your hands) in a large bowl until everything is nicely combined. Form the mixture into four orbs or globs and place in greased cup cake tins (I sprayed mine With PAM).
Cook for 25 minutes or until the top is nicely browned.
*Because it’s meat, cut open the largest/thickest of the cupcakes and check to make sure it is cooked completely through.*
- 2 cups whole brussel sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
Cut all the brussel sprouts in half the long way. Add the sprouts, oil, and garlic salt to the bowl. Mix well until all the sprouts are coated (again I used my hands, it’s just quicker).
Spread across a single cooking sheet and place in 350 degree oven with the Turkey Cupcakes. Cook for 20 minutes or until the tops begin to char.
- Turkey Cupcakes (2 count) – 220 calories, 8 grams of carbs, 12 grams of fat, 26 grams of Protein
- Brussel Sprouts (1 cup) – 98 calories, 8 grams of carbs, 8 grams of fat, 3 grams of protein
I no longer have access to the Weight Watchers Points+ Calculator, but the above information should get you those numbers if you have access.