WI: -0.4 pounds
Total Loss: -3.6
It’s shocking because my diary for the week was pretty eh.
While those numbers look good, I wanted to focus this week really just on eating healthier, and cereal got in the way. Damn you cheerios.
This week I am focusing on eating fruit when I am hungry in between meals. I got my first order from the farm share program at work which included: 6 pink lady organic apples, a box of strawberries, a bag of purple grapes, 3 oranges, 4 kiwi fruits and 2 pears. So my goal is to go through those, the apples I already have, and the bananas by next Thursday. It’s my plant challenge.
I need to eat more plants over grains and proteins I’m thinking. My protein levels every day are through the roof, which is good, but it might be a bit excessive on days when I am not lifting. Overall I am excited with the second week on MyFitnessPal, that I cancelled my WW membership.
I love Weight Watchers for the 40 pounds I lost on their program, but I need a better plan for the last 18 and the maintenance period for life.
Weight Watchers taught me how to eat, MyFitnessPal is teaching me portion control.
Today’s Menu & Plan:
- Breakfast: Smoothie (1 cup skim milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 7 strawberries, 1/2 banana, 5 peach slices, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 cup spinach), Coffee with 2 Tablespoons of half & half, Light English Muffin w/ 1 Tablespoon Elderberry Jelly & 1 Tablespoon Bettern’Peanut butter = 436 Calories
- Snack: Pink lady Organic Apple = 65 Calories
- Lunch: Salad (1 cup Spinach, 1/2 cup radish slivers, 1/2 red bell pepper, 2 oz of baby carrots, 10 Sugar Snap Pea pods, 1 cup raw broccoli, 1/8 cup black beans, 0.5 oz of gorgonzola cheese, 0.25 oz of almond slivers w/ Balsamic oil), Yogurt, Diet Pepsi, Strawberries and Grapes = 523 Calories
- Dinner: TBD – We are going out (466 calories left in my daily allotment)
- Activity: NROLFW Week 4 Day 3 B6? + 1.5 miles = Possible Calorie Burn : around 250 Calories
Saturday is long run – I did 4 miles last Saturday, so I plan on shooting for 4.5 this week outside. After yesterday’s run outside I am feeling a bit better about running again. By no means was it easy to bust through those miles, but my average pace being sub 10’00″ was awesome.
Because that never has happened before.
I need to remember not to get too eager, and burn out. I have a lot of races coming up (See Race Calendar tab) and I want to do well and improve in each one.
Well I’m only at work for a half day today, so I am gonna get going.
Have a great Friday!