This year I was planning on not doing too many races. Last year there were a lot and Jason so kindly drove me to each one, meaning he had to wake up as early as me, and then wait for random amounts of time, for me to finish.
What a Guy.
So this year was supposed to be a break. Well we know how that worked out.
- February 9, 2014 – Run Your Heart Out 5K – Reston VA – Registered – BIB# 111 – 32’41″ – COMPLETED
- March 2, 2014 – Reston 10 Miler – Reston VA – Registered – BIB #189 – 1:48:40 – COMPLETED (PR!!)
- March 15 2014 – Rock n’ Roll Half Marathon – Washington, D.C. – Registered – BIB # 21067 – 2:29:56 – COMPLETED
- April 6, 2014 – Cherry Blossom 10 Miler – Washington, D.C. – Registered – BIB # 17254 – 1:54:29
- April 27, 2014 – Nike Women’s Half Marathon – Washington, D.C. – Registered
- May 11, 2014 – Mother’s Day 4 Miler – Reston, VA – Registered – BIB# 29
- September 14, 2014 – Navy/Air Force Half Marathon – Washington DC – Registered
- September 28, 2014 – Perfect 10 Miler – Registered – BIB #1034
- October 12, 2014 - Hokie Half Marathon - Registered
- October 26 2014 – Marine Corps Marathon – Registered
10 races – so far, please someone stop me
- 3 10-milers
- 4 half marathons
- 1 Marathon
- 1 4-miler
- 1 5K
Yeesh. Granted I’ve finished almost half of the races this year, but the fall is just going to be more jam packed. I consider it a great thing that a lot of the races leading up to the marathon align perfectly with my training schedule – the Hokie Half is on the last day I need to do 13 miles – How perfect!
I know that my calendar stops at October and that’s because I am not sure I will want to run after that. We’ll see. I might need a break. OR I might be crazy and sign up for MORE races.
Only Time Will Tell.
The Hokie Half is great because my Husband is a Virginia Tech Alumni and has been dying to go back with me (and we haven’t been since his graduation, because I am a horrible wife) So, we are gonna drive down early on Saturday before the race get into our hotel, pick up my packet, and then walk around a bit.
I know he is excited.
I however need to remember to look at elevation charts before signing up for races.
Well I guess I will also be hill training this summer! WHO ENDS A RACE ON AN INCLINE? (asks the girl who will be running up this for the last .2 miles of the MCM)
OF COURSE I can’t find a picture, but literally, you almost have to crawl. I’ve felt pain like no other after the 10K with that hill.. so + 20 miles should be a blast.
Of course there are other races this year that I want to do – Wilson Bridge Half (Great Course and where I PR’d!), Annapolis Half Marathon (Crappy course support, but the course itself was beautiful), MCM Turkey Trot (I’ve done it the past few years and love it..)… but we will wait and see.
I doubt I’ll get the other half marathon’s in, but maybe I’ll do the 10K.
- B: 2 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, coffee
- S: banana
- L: Turkey wrap, yogurt, carrots, diet coke
- S: banana & Quest Bar
- D: Tacos!
No activity today because I have school, and I did 5 miles yesterday.